Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I Get It

One of the unexpected pleasures of blogging has been an acquaintanceship with Oscar Wildebeest who blogs the Gnus of the World from Great Britain. I discovered his blog through a Technorati search and made a comment to a post he wrote concerning what is possibly the lowest form of philanthropy--a wrist band campaign. He rewarded me for commenting with a post welcoming me to the blogosphere (sorry) and poking fun at me for having begun my blogging by creating a multitude of blogs.

Oscar writes a terrific blog--sarcastic and thought provoking. He is never sentimental unless he is writing about sports. I even enjoy his posts about local political issues.

Naturally I was surprised and pleased several weeks ago when I noticed that Oscar had included a link to this homely little unformed blog in his list of recommended blogs. And the pleasant surprises continue. Yesterday I saw that he has now organized his blogroll (sorry) into categories--an excellent idea, I must say. He placed this blog, Kiosk in the category "Personal Wisdom" which is the kindest and most elegant euphemism for irrelevant that I have ever heard. The Beest is Brilliant!